10 Notable Difference Between Hotel And Motel.
Difference between hotel and motel: A hotel is an institution that provides accommodation, meals, and other services for travelers and tourists while motels, on the other hand, are designed primarily for motorists.
A motel is often regarded as a place for a short stay. Hotel may be termed accommodating travelers, as well as businessmen and students, who intend to stay either for shorter or larger duration. Generally, booking hotels are way expensive than getting reservations at motels.
What Is A Hotel?
The word ‘Hotel’, derived from the French word which refers to a French version of a building seeing frequent visitors, is a building to provide paid lodging for a short period of time.
It offers facilities ranging from basic living to luxury stay as well as may attach extra features such as swimming pool, business center, conference and meeting halls, social function services, etc. There are numbers on each room in a hotel and guests to find their rooms.
Operation of hotels may vary depending on size, function, and lodging cost. Many hotels offer basic hospitality with full service to their lodgers. The Standard of a hotel can be measured with the number of stars it attaches such as 3 Star or 5 Star hotel. Rent for rooms varies as per the size and facilities.
What Is A Motel?
The term motel is a mixture of ‘Motor’ and ‘Hotel’ and is an English word referring to a building designed for motorists and usually adds an ample parking lot allowing motor vehicles to get parked.
Motels are usually located on highways, away from urban settings, and are usually constructed with average material. The layout of Motels is mostly shaped like ‘L’, ‘I’ or ‘U’ and it includes guest rooms. Almost every motel has a small reception as well as a manager’s office and a small dining area.
Motels are usually single or maximum double story buildings, where a handful of rooms are attached.
The Difference Between A Hotel And A Motel
1. A hotel is designed for travelers as well as tourists whereas motels are meant for motorists on long trip to refresh and relax.
2. Hotel is fit for long stay due to the luxuries provided. A motel is fit for a short stay since it is not provided with great luxuries.
3. Usually, a hotel is found well within the city or a town, whereas a motel is found outside the city or the town. It is found well along the streets too.
4. A hotel would have its parking lot separate from the hotel area. A motel would have its parking lot in the courtyard.
5. Luxury may be an additional feature in Hotel; Motel has no such stuff included
6. 1 to 7 stars are the ratings of a Hotel; Motels have 1.5 to 2.5 stars depending on the facilities provided
7. Hotel can be built anywhere inside or outside of a city or even in the rural settings; Motels are usually build and found alongside highways and in far place other than in cities
8. Hotels may have their own restaurants inside them to provide meal to their guests; Motels rarely include such facilities.
If you enjoyed this article, subscribe with your email for related materials. Thanks.
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now!
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.