The 7th Africa Energy Innovation Competition, Requirement and guidance for submitting papers.
ABOUT THE COMPETITION
The 7th Africa Energy Innovation Challenge is set to energize the economic growth and sustainability of early-stage firms and clean energy start-ups in Nigeria and across Africa. The aim is to develop innovative, practical, and bankable energy solutions for households and businesses, based on low-carbon technologies.
This competition challenges early-stage energy entrepreneurs from Africa to collaborate with local research institutions or industries to develop a prototype model of a key device/equipment for a social energy enterprise, fintech solutions, or energy management system using local resources.
ELIGIBILITY AND HOW TO APPLY
PRIZES AND RECOGNITION
Winners of the competition get the opportunity to:
- Receive cash prize grants of up to USD5,000 to demonstrate or scale the proposed solution;
- Pitch their proposed prototype model at the 2022 Nigeria Energy Forum, using a poster and short video;
- Benefit from unique networking opportunities with other young professionals as well as some of the most senior decision-makers in government, international development, academia, and the private sector; &
- Attend business development workshops, and receive support from a dedicated start-up incubator.
|Project Title||Your solution (250 words)|
|Partner organisation(s)||Expected impact (50 words)|
|Short abstract (50 words)||Design tools and method (50 words)|
|Problem Statement(50 words)||Estimated costs and timeline(50 words)|
Submissions must be in Microsoft Word or PDF format by email to email@example.com.
- The Subject line of the email should follow the format: [Country] Title of the Project.
- Submissions that exceed the page limit may be disqualified.
Shortlisted submissions would be invited to participate in the final round by submitting a 1-page poster to summarize their design, with a detailed budget, a 2-page Design Brief, and a Short 2-minute video to pitch.
Visit the official website for more information.