Diploma in Banking & Finance, Eligibility, Syllabus, & Admission Update
Banking & Finance: Do you want to pursue a Diploma course related to the field of banking and finance? If yes, this post will be of help to you. Here, I will have an in-depth analysis of the Diploma in Banking and Finance Management course.
I’ve provided the following details – duration, eligibility criteria, colleges, scope, fees, admission process, career prospects, syllabus and more.
I will be discussing the following with you
Diploma in Banking & Finance: About Banking
Banking is one of the sectors that is never out of employment opportunities as there is a constant need for hiring candidates who understand the financial process and the progressive ways to run a bank. This is one of the reasons why pursuing banking courses after graduation has become a popular trend.
Candidates from various fields including commerce, business, arts, and engineering seek bank courses after graduation to enhance their career prospects. There are various banking courses after graduation and few of them are provided by popular banks themselves. The other courses are offered by masters in business administration colleges.
If you want to pursue bank courses after graduation, another route is to prepare for Bank PO examinations. Most of the government banks recruit students through IBPS PO, whereas, SBI and its associate banks recruit candidates through the SBI PO exam.
Diploma in Banking and Finance: What is it about?
Diploma in Banking and Finance is a comprehensive study related to banking course which deals with the rapidly changing finance sector. This course gives a wider view of the constant changes in finance, methods of dealing with the financial crisis as well as the basis for bailouts for various banks across the globe.
This program aims at advancing the existing skills of the candidate by developing their knowledge in areas of finance and banking, with the overall polishing of skills required in the practice.
Types of Banking Courses
|Name of the Course||Type of Course||Duration|
|MBA in Banking and Finance||Master Degree||2 years|
|M.Com In Banking and Finance||Master Degree||2 years|
|M.Voc in Banking, Stocks, and Insurance||Master Degree||2 years|
|PGDM in Banking Management||PG Diploma Course||2 years|
|PGDM in Banking & Financial Services||PG Diploma Course||2 years|
|Short-term Post Graduate Diploma in Retail Banking (PGDRB)||PG Diploma Course||
|Short-term Post Graduate Diploma in Banking Operations||PG Diploma Course||
|Short-term Post Graduate Diploma in Banking||PG Diploma Course||
|Professional Programme in Commercial Banking (PPCB)||Advanced Certificate Course||2 months|
|Advanced Certificate in Banking Laws and Loan Management||Advanced Certificate Course||3 months|
Banking Eligibility Criteria
MBA and 2-year PGDM Courses:
- To apply for these programs, you will have to secure at least 60% marks in graduation along with a good past academic record.
- Admission to MBA and PGDM courses are done based on management entrance exams such as CAT.
- Candidates who clear the above exams are then called for group exercises and personal interviews for their personality assessment and skill check.
Short-term PG Diploma Courses:
- You must have secured a minimum of 50% marks to pursue these courses.
- Admissions are done based on aptitude tests conducted by the respective institute and personal interviews.
- The minimum requirement for these programs is a graduation degree. However, some colleges may ask for a minimum aggregate of 50%.
- Selection is done based on personal interviews. Few institutes also select students based on entrance tests.
Bank PO Exams:
- You can apply for bank PO exams only if you have pursued graduation with a minimum aggregate of 60%.
- Candidates who have cleared both the stages (prelims and mains) of the PO exam are selected for group discussion and personal interview.
- Composite score in PO prelims, PO mains, GD and PI is considered for selection as a Bank PO. However, some banks require candidates to pass the one-year diploma program from the designated institutes before recruiting them as officers.
- Candidates who have been shortlisted after PI or after the completion of the course are trained for bank jobs for 3 to 6 months and are then given jobs in different banks.
Admission Process may vary from one institute to another. Some institutes are known to conduct a merit-based admission process. Some other institutes are known to conduct direct admission process.
Tuition fees depend upon the following factors – a type of college (Government or self-financing), scholarship status of the student, rating of the college, etc. On average, tuition fees could be anywhere between 25-50K INR per year.
|Banking Laws||Commercial Bank Management||Direct & Indirect Taxes|
|Financial Markets in India||Foreign Exchange||International Banking & Finance|
|Marketing of Financial Services||Principles of Finance||Economics of Global Trade & Finance|
|Business Policy & Strategic Management||Management of Financial Services||Modern Banking Theory|
Diploma in Banking & Finance: Career Options and Job Prospects
Salary options after pursuing MBA or 2-year PGDM courses are very bright as these are globally recognized courses. Fresh graduates can expect salary packages between Rs. 5 lakh to Rs. 12 lakh per annum depending on the skills of the individuals.
The salaries rolled out for Bank POs are also quite high. A bank PO can expect a starting salary package varying from Rs. 3.6 lakh to Rs. 4 lakh per annum. Banks like SBI may also offer salaries up to Rs. 5 lakh per annum.
The certificate and short-term diploma courses also offer good job opportunities if combined with well-paid internships. Candidates who pursue these courses along with internships can get packages varying from Rs. 2.5 lakh to Rs. 3.5 lakh per annum.
You can start up from somewhere now, right? If this was useful to you, make it useful to your friends too by sharing it on their social media handle.
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now!
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.