Federal Government Scholarship 2022: In Nigeria, there exists a Federal Scholarship which is a Bilateral Education Agreement packaged for Nigerian Students to study around the world.
Students from various backgrounds, Academic powers, and Educational Levels are invited to become beneficiaries of the Scholarship
This article will give you information about the Federal Government Scholarship Deadlines 2022 and Application Form.
The illiteracy in rate Nigeria has always been at the highest maximum basically because of the inability of many parents to see their children through school and even the students that have come of age, find it very cumbersome to pay through college on their own.
In order to curb this challenge, The Federal government of Nigeria provides what is known as Federal Government Scholarship for Nigerian Undergraduate, Masters and Ph.D. students to Study Overseas.
But then, only qualified persons will be considered for this Bilateral Education Agreement scholarship program.
In this article, we will bring to limelight the very least of the details you need to know about the Bilateral Education Agreement Scholarship. Ranging from its Eligibilities to its deadline, So don’t just be in a haste to apply for the Scholarship, kindly go through it carefully to know your stand.
- Why the Federal Government Scholarship abroad?
- What is Bilateral Education Agreement Scholarship Awards?
- Scholarship Worth
- Eligibility Federal Government Scholarship 2022
- What to Bring To Interview?
- How to Apply for Federal Government Scholarship 20221
- Application Deadline for Federal Government Scholarship 2022
- List of Venues and Addresses for BEA Interviews
- Scholarship Application Link
- Federal Government Scholarship for Nigerian FAQs
What is Bilateral Education Agreement Scholarship Awards?
The Bilateral Education Agreement Scholarship Award is an annual routine for the Federal Government of Nigeria, through the Ministry of Education, to offer millions of naira to sponsor several Nigerian students who have been academically accredited at different levels of education.
Why the Federal Government Scholarship Abroad?
The Federal Scholarship Board FSB is a Committee set up by the Federal Ministry of Education under the law to regulate every Scholarship program, Exchange Programs for Nigerian Students, Bilateral Exchange Agreement BEA Scholarships Awards for Nigeria Students, Embassy Scholarships and other Scholarship opportunities for Nigerian Students.
It is the responsibility of the Federal Government Scholarship abroad to carry out Scholarship Verification Exercise for Scholarships like the Federal Government Scholarship for Nigerian Students to Study Abroad.
The Federal Scholarship Board choose scholars who are eligible to study in various countries to represent Nigeria.
They make laws governing the Award of Scholarships in Nigeria. This is achieved through the approval of the Ministry of Education in Nigeria.
The participating countries are responsible for the tuition and accommodation, while the Nigerian government takes care of supplements, warm clothing, health insurance, research grant where applicable and take off.
Application Deadline for Federal Government Scholarship 2022
The Federal Government Scholarship deadline is always in January. The registration portal for the Federal Government Scholarship 2022 was closed in January.
Federal Government BEA Scholarship Fields of Study
Undergraduate level – Engineering, Geology, Agriculture, Sciences, Mathematics, Languages, Environmental Sciences, Sports, Law, Social Sciences, Biotechnology, Architecture, Medicine (very limited), etc.; and Postgraduate level (Master’s Degree and Ph.D.) in all fields.
Federal Government BEA Scholarship Eligibility
All applicants for undergraduate degree courses must possess a minimum qualification of Five (5) Distinctions (As & Bs) in the Senior Secondary School Certificates, WASSCE/WAEC (May/June) only in the subjects relevant to their fields of study including English Language and Mathematics.
Certificates should not be more than two (2) years old (2018 & 2022) for Non-African Countries and for African countries the age of certificate is one year (2022) only. The age limit is from 18 to 20 years.
All applicants for Postgraduate degree courses must hold a First Degree with 1st Class or at least 2nd Class Upper Division.
The applicants who are previous recipients of Foreign Awards must have acquired at least two (2) years post qualification experience or employment practice in Nigeria. All applicants must have completed the N.Y.S.C. Programme and the age limit is 35 years for Masters and 40 years for Ph.D.
N.Y.S.C discharge or exemption certificates only are accepted; Evidence of readiness to be released by employer.
NB: Candidates nominated by the Board will be required to submit to Federal Scholarship Board the following:
- Authenticated copies of academic certificates;
- Data page of the current International passport;
- Specified Medical Reports from Government hospitals;
- National Identification Number (NIN)
- Police Clearance Certificate where necessary.
How to Apply for Federal Government BEA Scholarship
- Visit Federal Ministry of Education’s website education.gov.ng and click on READ MORE on Federal Scholarship Board icon on the Home Page:
- Read Guidelines and then complete the Application Form online
- Print the completed Application Form
FAQs About the Federal Government Scholarship
What is the Age Limit for this Federal Government Scholarship?
The age limit differs according to the levels. For the undergraduate candidates, you must be between 18 to 20 years and for the postgraduate candidates, you must be between 35 to 40 years.
Where can I submit my Application?
Are there documents I should submit with my Application?
Yes, of course, to submit your application, you must attach the following documents:
- Two sets of Photocopies of Educational Certificates and Testimonials of previous schools attended with the originals for sighting;
- Only one certificate is accepted i.e. WAEC of May/June only for undergraduate applicants;
- Two copies of Birth certificate from the National Population Commission;
- State of Origin/LGA certificate duly signed, stamped and dated;
- Four (4) passport-sized colored photographs on a white background;
We hope the above information has really satisfied your curiosity, help share the same information with your friends out there by clicking the share button on this website.