Germany Visa Requirement and Application Process Online
Germany Visa Requirement: When you apply for a Germany VISA, there are some documents you have to complete before making an appointment.
If you are traveling to more than one Schengen country, you will have to apply to the German Embassy in your country if Germany is the country you will stay longer.
In this article, I will be emphasizing on the Germany visa requirements.
Germany Visa Types
Depending on the purpose of your travel to Germany, there are different types of visas that will apply to your situation.
Whether you are planning to visit Germany, study or work or even to settle there permanently, you will have to apply for a different Schengen visa, accordingly.
These are the most frequent Germany visa types:
- Tourist & Visitor Visa for people who wish to enter Germany with the purpose of visiting friends or relatives, or to just sightsee and experience the country and its culture.
- Family Reunion Visa to Join a Relative or a Partner which is a visa for family members of German residents, who wish to join them in Germany.
- Job Seeker Visa gives to its holder the opportunity to come to Germany and seek a job.
- Studying & Language Learning Visa for foreigners who wish to enter the country with the sole purpose of attending a language course or to continue their studies at an educational institution in Germany.
- Working Visa for people who have gotten a job in Germany.
- Business Visa for business people that need to remain in Germany for a period longer than 90 days within 6 months, with the purpose of making business.
- Airport Transit Visa which is required for a very limited number of third-world nationals that need to pass through one of the German airports in their way to their final destination.
- Guest Scientist Visa for scientists or researchers who have been invited by an institution to carry out a study or research.
- Training/Internship Visa is a visa that gives the opportunity to attend a training or internship to nationals of third-world countries.
- Medical Treatment Visa has been established in order to permit foreigners with different illnesses and medical conditions to enter Germany and seek medical treatment
- Trade Fair & Exhibitions Visa for people who are planning to participate in a trade fair or exhibition.
- Visa for Cultural, Film Crew, Sports, and Religious Event Purpose– for people who are planning to enter Germany, under the purpose of participating at a Cultural, Sports, and Religious event or as part of a Film Crew.
Germany Visa Requirements
Although a unified document, requirements for obtaining a Germany Visa differ from one Schengen country to another.
Germany, however, is quite demanding on the issue, and it is recommendable to fulfill each request meticulously to the last detail.
Usually, the Germany embassy in each country has an updated checklist of the Germany Visa requirements for each type of visa.
The following documents are required for any Germany visa application:
- Application Form duly completed with correct and honest answers that comply with the information in the other required documents.
- Passport according to the passport requirements of the German embassy, among which validity of three months beyond your planned stay in the Schengen.
- The photo which must be taken within the last three months and according to the other photo standards set by the German embassy.
- Health Insurance– a document that confirms you have obtained travel health insurance that covers illnesses and accidents, and even repatriation in case of death, as well as the whole Schengen Area with a minimum coverage of € 30.000.
- Travel Itinerary – that includes proof of your round trip flight/travel reservations or other documents that show intended transport, as well as proof of what you are planning to do in Germany within the period that you wish to Remain
- Proof of Financial Means – which is a document that proves you have the amount of money to finance yourself during your planned stay in Germany. This can be a recent bank statement that shows you have enough funds to spend at least 45€ per each day spent in Germany. If proof of owner financing is not possible, the applicant can submit a formal declaration of a third person who is willing to finance their travel and stay in Germany alongside with proof of their financial means.
Depending on your visa type and in some cases on your country of residence and nationality, there are also other Germany visas requirements which you will need to submit as required by the embassy or consulate where you will be applying in your home country.
Germany Visa Application Process
Applying for the Schengen visa includes a sequence of events in-between yourself and the designated Embassy, in this case, the German Embassy in your home country.
Between handing the proper documentation and getting an answer, here is a step-by-step guideline of the Germany visa application process.
- Ask the embassy for a checklist of the required documents for your visa type you wish to apply for.
- Fulfill the application form with correct information and obtain the required documents for your visa.
- Appoint an interview at the German embassy in your country of residence. The earliest you can schedule the appointment is three months prior to your trip.
- Pay the visa fee and save the receipt in order to show it later to the consular officer during the interview.
- Show up on time at the embassy for your meeting with all the required documents with you arranged in the given order.
The meeting will last around ten minutes, during which the consular officer will look at your documents and ask you a few questions regarding your background and purpose of your trip to Germany.
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now!
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.