GOKDOM Scholarship 2022/2023 for Students of Karnataka State Updates.
GOKDOM Scholarship 2022: Applications are invited for the GOKDOM Scholarship for Students of Karnataka State. The scholarship is proudly sponsored by Gokdom Minority Welfare department in the Directorate of Minorities in India.
The directors of minority communities established various schemes to uplift the socio-economic status of people belonging to minority community. These schemes are executed under the Government of Karnataka. The minorities include Sikhs, Jains, Buddhists, Muslims, and Parsis.
The various schemes are student scholarships, schemes to empower women and schemes to accelerate the development of economically challenged communities.
The state government of Karnataka in conjunction with the Central government of India provide various scholarships for the students based on certain criteria. They have fellowships, fee reimbursement program, scheme for food and accommodation, madrasa schemes and more.
Following are the Scholarship Schemes and Eligibility Criteria Provided by GOKDOM
1. Pre-Matric Scholarship for minorities of Karnataka:
The application period is usually from August to September of every year. The scholarship provides tuition fee, admission fee and maintenance allowance.
Eligibility: The student must be studying between class 1 to 10 and the percentage should be more than 50% in previous class. This scholarship is not available for Class 1 students. The annual income of the mother/father should not exceed 1 lakh per annum.
2. Post-Matric Scholarship of minorities of Karnataka:
The students from Class 11th to to PHD level are eligible to apply for the scholarship if they complete the below requirements. The scholarship provides tuition fee, admission fee and maintenance allowance. The application period is from August to September of every year.
Eligibility: The marks of previous class should be more than 50% and the annual income of the household should not exceed 2 lakh rupees annually.
3. Merit-Cum-Means Scholarship for minorities of Karnataka:
The student should be a graduate or pursuing post-graduation in a technical stream. The scholarship covers up to 30,000 Rupees as per the eligibility criteria.
Eligibility: The annual income of the household should not exceed 2.5 lakh rupees.
4. National Overseas Scholarship for Minorities of Karnataka:
The application period is from May to July of every year. The student is able to avail 20 Lakh rupees per annum up to 2 years which will cover accommodation, the college course and one way airfare.
Eligibility: The student must not be older than 38 years from the commencement of the course. The marks scored in previous degree should be more than 60%. This scholarship is available for specific courses only.
5. Incentive for SSLC and 2nd PUC Students:
The application period for this scholarship is August to September of every year. For SSLC, there is a onetime scholarship amount of 10,000 Rupees and 20,000 Rupees for 2nd PUC students.
Eligibility: The students must have more than 85% of marks in class 10 and class 12.
6. MPhil and PhD fellowship for Karnataka:
The application period is from May to June. The scholarship provides a fellowship of 25,000 Rupees per month and a contingency grant of 10,000 Rupees per annum.
Eligibility: The age of the student should not be more than 35 years. The annual income of the household should not exceed 6 lakh rupees. If the student is a government employee or full time employee then he/she is not eligible for the scholarship.
Common Eligibility Criteria:
- The students who live in Karnataka but are not domicile cannot apply for the scholarship.
- The post matric students who are pursuing certification programs cannot apply for the scholarship.
- A maximum of two children per family can avail the scholarship.
Application Process and documents required 2022/21
All the scholarships mentioned above have distinctive methods to apply online.
As a first step the student must review the dates of application period and create an account in https://gokdom.kar.nic.in/OnlineApplications.asp portal by choosing appropriate scholarship link. As per the new guidelines, students can now apply in national scholarship portal as per below guidelines:
- Navigate to https://scholarships.gov.in/ and create login credentials by providing all the required data including personal details and bank account details.
- Once registered then click on the state from which the scholarship is availed.
- Login and complete the online application form per the guidelines provided in the website and submit.
- New registration ID will be created once the login details and personal information is submitted.
- Now login to the portal using the One time password which is sent to the mobile number.
- Click on home page and follow the instruction to fill the scholarship application form containing details about academics, upload passport size scanned photo and upload other documents per the guidelines in the website.
- Provide a proper email id as it will be used for all further communications and notifications.
Documents Required and Guidelines
- The student must produce a copy of the completed application form.
- One copy of passport size photo with the signature of the student.
- The certificate of minority community signed by an authorized revenue officer and not below the rank of tehsildar.
- Students previous academic marks sheet.
- Aadhar card copy which is the proof of domicile.
- Income declaration of the self employed parents stating the definite amount from all sources on non judicial stamp paper. For the employed parents, income certificate obtained from their employer is mandate.
- If it is a renewal, then provide/submit the receipt of acknowledgement from the preceding year.
- Notify about the scholarship application form to the Head of the school/institution. The school/college authorities review the application and track the scholarship program.
- After linking to the account number, if your name appears in list A then you must apply as new applicant. If the name appears in list B then you must apply as renewal applicant and provide previous registration number.
GOKDOM Contact Details
In case of any queries or inquire you can directly connect with the director office through the following contact details.
Address: Directorate of Minorities
20th and 21st Floor,
VV Towers (Main)
Dr. Ambedkar Veedhi, Bangalore – 560001
Every child has right to education in India. This scholarship is a very good example of healthy civilization where all the minority groups have the freedom to leverage educational opportunities.
I hope this article will help in understanding the various scholarship programs provided in Karnataka and will benefit in molding the future generation to achieve success.
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now!
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.