Italy Visa Application in Nigeria and What to Know
Italy Visa Application in Nigeria : Italy is a country situated in the Southern region of Europe and has a very rich culture with a myriad of good-looking places that tourists will simply love.
Before gaining access into Italy, you will need to apply for an Italy visa and to do this; you will need a valid Nigerian Immigration passport, and also satisfy other important visa requirements.
In this article, my main emphasis is on Italy visa application in Nigeria.
Categories of Italy Visas
There are two major categories of Italy visas: short-term and long-term visas.
Short-Term Visa includes the following:
- Study Visa
- Tourist Visa
- Business Visa
- Medical Treatment Visa
- Sport Competition Visa
- Religious Purpose Visa
- Government Delegation Visa
- Conference Visa
On the other hand, Long Term Visa includes the types listed below:
- European Union Citizens’ Family Members Visas
- Work (Independent) Visa
- Family Reunion Visas (Foreign citizen with a foreign citizen)
- Employment Visa
- Re-entry Visa
Italy Visa Requirements
Italy visa requirements include:
- A duly filled and signed application form
- All the fields of the form must be filled.
- A valid Nigerian passport with at least two free pages, and 6 months validity
- 2 clear colored passport-size photos
- Proof of payment of visa application fee
- Travel health insurance
Other supporting documents could be
- Hotel accommodation- for tourist visa applicants.
- An invitation letter from a sponsor in Italy – For family visa applicants.
- And any other documents supporting the purpose of the planned visit.
- Proof of financial capacity.
Under-aged (below 18 years) applicants, would need to provide the following documents:
- A copy of birth certificate issued by the National Population Commission
- A letter from the applicant’s school stating clearly the class attended and permission of absence.
- Written consent from parents in the form of a sworn Affidavit issued by a High Court including the parent’s identity photograph and a copy of his/her passport.
Passport Requirements for Italy Visa Application
You have to make sure your passport is in conformity with these under-listed conditions:
- You must present a valid passport that has at least six months of validity period and would need at least three consecutive pages, which are empty, in a leaf in the document.
- The issue date of your passport mustn’t be up to ten years as at the time you will be submitting it.
Along with the application form of your visa, you must (compulsorily) provide a sheet of paper that is typed, containing the following details as regards to your passport:
- Passport number
- Date of birth
- Personal active e-mail address
- Personal phone number
- Travel dates
- Flight Route
- Used airline
Application Process for Italy Visa
You can submit your application at VFS center for Italian visa in Lagos with the relevant documents.
Irrespective of the duration of your stay in Italy, you must sign and submit a Declaration of the submission of accurate as well as full info, along with your visa application form.
How to Apply for an Italian Short-Stay Visa?
In order to complete the application process to obtain a short-stay visa to Italy, you must follow these steps:
- Find out where you need to apply for an Italy visa.
- Figure out which Italian visa type you need.
- Fulfill the application form for an Italian short-stay visa.
- Collect the required documents for an Italy visa.
- Appoint a visa interview with the Italian Embassy/Consulate or a visa application center in your country of residence.
- Attend the interview.
- Wait for the processing of your Italian Schengen visa.
Where to Apply for an Italian Short-Stay Visa?
The Italian presence in each world country has regulated visa submission differently. As a result, you may have to apply at one of the following Italy diplomatic bodies in your country of residence:
- The Italian Embassy
- An Italian consulate
- A Visa Application Center to which Italy has outsourced visa submission
- The Embassy / Consulate of another Schengen country to which Italy has outsourced visa submission
If all these requirements are met, your visa for your trip is well secured.
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now!
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.
Tags: how to track italian visa application, italian visa processing time, italy visa application form online, italy visa processing time in nigeria, malta visa application in nigeria, schengen visa processing time nigeria, tracking my italian visa, vfs nigeria