Nigerian Defence Academy Portal 2023 www.ndaapplications.net
– Nigerian Defence Academy Portal –
This website will provide you with all the information you want about the Nigerian Defence Academy Portal. It will also provide you with a thorough overview of all the latest material available on the NDA site.
Additionally, you will learn about essential information like application screening dates, portal login guide and other relevant updates. But before then, what do you know about NDA?
The Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA)
The Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA) Kaduna, is one of the first of two Military Universities in Nigeria.
Nigerian Army University, established in 2018 in Biu, Borno State is the other military university though it does not offer military training.
The duration of training at the Nigerian Defence Academy is 5 years for Army cadets (4 years Academic + 1-year Military). And it is 4 years for Navy and Air force cadets.
Then, after which, they proceed to Nigerian Naval College, Onne, Port Harcourt
Also, they proceed to 301 Flying Training School (301FTS), Kaduna for 1-year training at their respective services.
The Nigerian Defence Academy Portal
You can access the Nigerian Defence Academy portal via the following link:
Admissions into the Nigerian Defence Academy 74th Regular Course
1. The requirements for various undergraduate degree programmes are as detailed in the NDA website/applications portal.
2. All other information concerning degree courses, eligibility and screening test centres areas in the NDA website/applications portal.
3. Note: Working knowledge of French, Arabic will be an added advantage to applicants.
Screening Test Date and Requirements
1. The screening test will be conducted as phase one of the Post-UTME screening and is scheduled to hold on Saturday 23 April 2023.
2. Therefore, all eligible candidates are to bring along their Acknowledgement Form, Screening Test Admission Card, JAMB result slip and TWO (2) postcard size (3.5 x 5 inches) photographs to the Screening Test Centre.
3. The photographs should show only from the chest upwards and should contain the candidate’s name, exam number, State, Exam Centre, course of study and signature at the back.
4. However, they will subsequently invite only successful candidates at the NDA Screening Test for the Armed Forces Selection Board (phase 2 of the screening test) following which the list of admitted candidates will be published.
Nature and Duration of Training
1. Candidates admitted into NDA for Regular Course will undergo military and academic training as Officer Cadets for a duration of 5 years.
2. On successful completion of training, graduands will earn an honours degree in a core discipline (BSc, BEng, BA).
3. They will equally earn a Presidential Commission into the Armed Forces of Nigeria.
All Regular Course cadets will train in NDA and the Federal Government of Nigeria will pay for their administration and logistics.
In response to requests from candidates for reference materials, the Academy has offered a Compendium of Past Questions & Answers at a token fee to interested candidates.
This can be purchased from the Registry, NDA.
Screening Test Conditions
Only candidates who satisfied the admission requirements and must have the UTME score of 180 for Arts & Social Sciences and Science while 210 scores for Engineering courses will be enabled to print the Screening Test Admission Card and participate in the NDA Screening Test at the Centre of choice.
Application Closing Date: Thursday 31st March 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should: Click Here to Start Application
Candidates should log on to the application portal www.ndaapplications.net, select “Purchase Access Code” and fill in their details to pay for their application via REMITA after first getting their ORDER ID and REMITA Retrieval Reference (RRR) Code in the sum of N3,500.00 only.
Please NOTE that only payment against RRR Codes generated via the application portal would be accepted.
Submission of Applications
Applications forms are to be submitted together with the scanned SSCE results online.
On submission of the online application, candidates are to download an Acknowledgement Form.
1. They advise interested candidates to go online and complete the application.
2. Please download and read carefully the Instructions provided on the website.
3. Applicants applying for admission into NDA must also apply to the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (Jamb) and must select NDA as the first choice institution.
4. They expect such applicants to sit for the jamb unified tertiary matriculation examinations (UTME).
Nigerian Defence Academy 74th Regular Course Application Requirements
Candidates seeking 72 Regular Course admissions into the Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA) must:
1. Be medically and physically fit. And they must be of good moral character.
2. Also, be single male or female without legal obligation to support any child or other individuals.
3. Present a Certificate of indigeneship from the state government or local government area.
4. Also, be at least 17 years old and NOT over 21 years old as of August 2021 in the year of entry into the Academy.
5. Have a minimum of 5 ordinary level credits at GCE, SSCE (WAEC, NECO, NBAIS and NABTEB) English language, Mathematics and three other subjects which apply to the intended programme.
And all these at not more than two sittings.
6. Also, have passed the Unified Tertiary Matriculation examinations (UTME) and attained an acceptable minimum national standard in English language, Mathematics, and any other 2 subjects relevant to the proposed course of study as set out by the JAMB Brochure.
7. This is as determined by the JAMB annual policy meeting.
8. Also, not be less than 1.68 meters tall for males and 1.65 meters for females.
9. French and Arabic, the Mandarin language is an added advantage.
Update For Shortlisted Applicants
If you’ve been shortlisted, then you’ve got your foot in the door. And it’s time for you to shine at the final stage – the interview.
However, when shortlisted:
1. Endeavour to get information about the company.
2. Also, ensure you have a clear vision. Try to figure out why you want the specific position. And how you would be a good fit.
3. Also, go through your application.
4. Additionally, be interactive. It’s an interview, not an interrogation. There is much more to you than your resume.
5. The practice goes a long way. Thus, take mock interviews with your friends or practice speaking before a mirror.
6. It’s rare, but sometimes you do get an offer letter directly based on your application.
7. You start planning the celebration but remember some points before you go into that party mode: Get it in writing.
8. Also, go over the written offer in detail. And make sure all important details are mentioned and ask questions if you don’t understand anything.
9. Such as work profile, start date, duration, and stipend, etc.
10. Send a thank-you letter to the employer once you accept the offer.
11. Also, follow up with an e-mail confirming your start date and expressing your enthusiasm for your new role.
From the above, you must note that we are not partners with these companies.
We are only making this information available to help you get that your dream job. As such, as you apply, ensure to do more research about the company. GOOD LUCK.