PTDF Masters Scholarship 2022/2023 Overseas & Local Application Updates.
PTDF Scholarship 2022/2023: Currently, PTDF invites applications from well-qualified candidates for Masters and Doctorate Scholarships abroad in institutions of the United Kingdom-Germany Strategic Partnership Initiative. In this article, I will tell you what you need to know about this scholarship scheme, useful guidelines, how to apply and needed documents.
The Petroleum Technology Development Fund (PTDF) is the federal government agency responsible for developing local human capacity and oil technology to meet the needs of the oil and gas industry.
Carefully, read this article and apply it immediately to be a beneficiary. Below is an overview of what to expect.
About The Sponsor
To ensure a steadfast implementation of this mandate, PTDF is inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates for Overseas and in-country MSc and Ph.D. Scholarships.
Awards will be granted for studies in the 2022-2022 academic session in the United Kingdom, Germany, Brazil, France (through Campus France), Top Institutions in the United States of America as well as Federal Universities and Centers of Excellence in Nigeria.
A Brief History about PTDF
The Petroleum Technology Development Fund (PTDF) was established by Act No. 25 of 1973 which repealed the Gulf Oil Company Training Fund Act.
Before the establishment of PTDF, there existed the Gulf Oil Company Training Fund, the assets of which were transferred to the Fund upon promulgation of the Act setting it up.
The legislation vested the Fund with the responsibility of training and educating Nigerians to become professionals and experts in the petroleum industry.
The Fund existed only as a desk in the Department of Petroleum Resources until the year 2000 when it became a fully functional Agency of government.
PTDF scholarship portal | Website
PTDF Scholarship Application Forms
PTDF Scholarship Application forms can be accessed online HERE using an ATM (Interswitch, Master & Visa) card or through the purchase of a scratch card from designated main branches of First Bank of Nigeria Plc. in all the 36 States and FCT, upon payment of a NON-REFUNDABLE sum of N1,000 (One Thousand Naira Only).
Instructions on how to access the form online are clearly stated on the backside of the cards.
Applicants may please note that only those who meet the requirements below shall be shortlisted and invited for a Computer-Based Aptitude Test, in the case of MSc applicants, while oral interview will be conducted for Ph.D. applicants (full time and Split-site) on dates to be announced later.
Following the aptitude tests and interview, successful candidates will be selected and awarded the PTDF Scholarship.
For more information on The Split-Site Ph.D. Programme please click here.
The study centers for the scholarship awards are universities in the United Kingdom, China, Germany, France, and the United States.
This scholarship is available to Nigerian students
Application Forms can be obtained on the scholarship portal (scholarship.ptdf.gov.ng).
Selection Process, Criteria & Requirements
PTDF scholarships are highly competitive and only applicants who are outstanding across the board are selected. A selection committee will be constituted to assess applications using the following criteria;
- Academic merit as evidenced by the quality of degrees, full academic transcripts, other professional qualifications acquired, and relevant publications to be referenced by applicants
- Membership of professional bodies
- The viability of the study/research plan (Ph.D. Applicants only).
- You are required to make a case for your scholarship by submitting a statement of purpose (maximum 500 words) stating the reason(s) you want to undertake the study, the relevance of the proposed study to the oil & gas industry and its expected impact on national development (MSc Applicants only).
How to Apply For the PTDF Scholarship
Visit URL to create an application account and fill in your details.
An email with instructions on how to log in and set your password will be sent to the email address you entered.
Log in with your email as username and the password you created following the instructions sent to your email address.
Click the Verify NIN button before you start a new application.
For those that are just verifying their NIN, fill the fields and agree with the terms (charges may apply). For those that have already paid to verify on verifyme.ng, click on VERIFY NIN again and input your details a pop-up screen with your full details will show from verify me, then click on agree and continue and your NIN will be verified (you will not be required to pay again).
You will be required to accept or decline the disclaimer. You are required to read and accept the terms and conditions to continue with the application or if you do not agree simply decline and end your application.
You will be required to fill all the fields here. Please take note of all file formats and uploads, if the file uploaded does not meet the requirement you will experience error.
You will be required to accept or decline the terms and conditions stating that PTDF has the right to award another University that is different from the ones you select in this application. Then also you will be required to choose your first second or third choice university and courses.
Please note: If your first choice is a German University, you must choose Abuja as your choice for an interview. You are also required to upload your statement of purpose (for MSc applicants)/Research Proposal (For Ph.D. applicants)
Additional Uploads, you are required to upload additional documents; birth certificate, LGA certificate,
Please note that PDF sizes should be less than 300KB
Professional Membership and Publications
You will be required to upload journal/publication (maximum of 5), academic membership of any professional body (maximum of 5).
Preview application and ensure that there are no mistakes before submission. Once the application is submitted, you can no longer edit.
For MSc Holders
- A minimum of Second Class Upper (2.1) qualification in their first degree or a Second Class Lower (2.2) with relevant industry experience
- Must have completed the mandatory National Youth Service (NYSC)
- Must be computer literate
- Possession of 5 O/level credits including English Language.
For Ph.D. Holders
- Must have completed the mandatory National Youth Service (NYSC)
- Must be computer literate
- A minimum of Second Class Lower (2.2) in their first degree and a good second-degree certificate;
- Must submit a research proposal relevant to the oil and gas industry (of not more than 5 pages) to include: Topic, introduction, objective, methodology, and mode of data collection (sample template of the proposal is available on the scholarship portal (scholarship.ptdf.gov.ng);
- You must also include your master’s degree project
You are advised to scan copies of the following documents and attach to your online application form:
- First Degree Certificate or Statement of Result
- NYSC discharge certificate
- WAEC/GCE/SSCE/NECO results as well as the PINs on the application forms to enable PTDF to view the O’level results on the relevant website).
- Recent Passport Photograph
- Local Government Identification Letter
- Master’s Degree Certificate (Ph.D. Applicants only)
- Evidence of membership of professional associations
- You must have a National Identity Number (NIN) before applying for the scholarship. Applicants are also expected to verify their NIN before starting the application (charges may apply).
- If you are an ongoing Ph.D. Applicant, you can only apply provided your University is among the PTDF Partnership Universities as listed here;
- Applicants who have benefitted from any of the PTDF scholarships in the past cannot apply for the same category of degree, except for a higher degree;
- Applicants who have a higher degree cannot apply for the same type of degree;
- Applicants interested in German Institutions should choose Abuja as their preferred interview location;
- Applicants who are beneficiaries of any other scholarship need not apply;
- Applicants who successfully scale through the first round of screening will be requested to submit their transcripts; all applicants are therefore advised to prepare their transcripts for submission in anticipation of such a request.
Please Note That The Closing Date For Applications Is Six (6) Weeks From The Date Of This Publication.
2022/2023 Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme under PTDF Strategic Partnerships In France, Germany, China & Malaysia
The Petroleum Technology Development Fund (PTDF), the Federal Government agency with the mandate of developing indigenous human capacity and petroleum technology to meet the needs of the oil and gas industry, invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for Overseas MSc and Ph.D. Scholarships to institutions under its strategic partnership initiative. Successful candidates will be awarded scholarships to study in France/Germany/China/Malaysia commencing in the 2022/2023 academic session.
Under this scheme, applicants are invited to apply through PTDF to specific programs at the partner institutions in any of the countries (full list of sponsored courses is available on the scholarship portal scholarship.ptdf.gov.ng).
The award includes the provision of flight tickets, payment of health insurance, payment of tuition and bench fees (where applicable) as well as the provision of allowances to meet the costs of accommodation and living expenses.
The programs will also include language classes to aid scholars to settle into their new environments (where applicable).
PTDF Scholarship Deadline
31st December annually.
Support phone contact 1: +234 809 250 0006
Support phone contact 2: +234 809 250 0007
WhatsApp No.: +234 809 250 0008
Email: [email protected]
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What is the PTDF scholarship?
Ans.: The PTDF overseas Scholarship Scheme is an annual program for MSc and Ph.D. studies. The purpose is to provide Nigerian students with the intellectual foundation and skill set that will enable them to participate actively in Nigeria’s oil and gas industry after their studies. Mar 8, 2022
Q: What is PTDF all about?
Ans.: The major purpose of the establishment of the PTDF is to develop and promote petroleum technology in addition to creating the human resource needs of the oil and gas industry through research and training of Nigerians.
Q: What does PTDF stand for?
Ans.: PTDF – Petroleum Technology Development Fund.
Q: How do I apply for the PTDF Scholarship?
Ans.: Click the here or follow this link http://ptdf.flexisaf.com/
I advise you to read through the requirements in the link below before applying.
Q: What is the Value of the scholarship?
Ans.: This is a Full scholarship.
If you read through this article over and over before applying for PTDF Scholarship 2022 then you will stand no chance of making any mistake of any kind.
Current School News is the right source for the latest update about PTDF scholarship. This information can as well be helpful to your friends out there, why not share it to them too on any social media handle you have them. Good Luck!
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now!
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.