Romeo and Juliet Essay Topics 2021 for Students and Examples.
Romeo and Juliet Essay Topics: “Romeo and Juliet” is one of the most famous plays that have survived decades. And it has even inculcated in today’s pop culture.
Furthermore, it is a classic part of some school curriculums. And it is a must-read. Additionally, writing an essay on Romeo and Juliet can give a student great grades. However, it’s sometimes challenging to put up a great Romeo and Juliet essay.
However, there are ways one can write a great essay on Romeo and Juliet. And that is by having a great topic. Are you having difficulties forming a good topic? If yes, then note. This article provides some great topics for you.
Great Romeo and Juliet Essay Topics
Below are some wonderful Romeo and Juliet essay topics:
Argumentative Romeo and Juliet Essay Topics
There are numerous argumentative essay topics for Romeo and Juliet. And they can be analyzed from different perspectives. Some of the best topics are:
- Do you think Romeo and Juliet were motivated by love or lust? Argue with reference texts from the book.
- Would you consider Romeo and Juliet to be a romance play or a tragic play?
- How is the theme of revenge expressed in Romeo and Juliet? Sight instances from the book.
- Did Romeo merit the punishment meted out by the Prince, or was he unjustly punished?
- Why was it best for Romeo and Juliet to die together? What could have changed had they lived?
- Were Romeo and Juliet’s parents responsible for the death of their children? Use references from the book to support your claim.
- Who was responsible for Mercutio’s death?
- What is the role of history in Romeo and Juliet?
- What do you think was Shakespeare’s message on sacrifice? And how did it pan out in the play?
- What message did Shakespeare hope to give off upon the death of Romeo and Juliet?
- How are Romeo and Darcy in Pride and Prejudice, similar and different?
Evaluation Romeo and Juliet Essay Topics
Here are some of the best evaluation essay topics for Romeo and Juliet:
- How would you describe Romeo and Juliet’s first meeting?
- What are the causative factors of the tragic end seen in Romeo and Juliet?
- Aristotle had a theory concerning the tragedy. And how is this applied in Shakespeare’s Romeo and Juliet?
- What are the lessons learned from the play, Romeo and Juliet?
- Can you relate the happenings in Romeo and Juliet to the modern-day?
- Is death the best end to the play? And what would have happened if both of them had run away successfully?
- How does the issue of timing affect the events in Shakespeare’s Romeo and Juliet?
- What is the dominant literary tool employed in the writing of this play? Evaluate the relevance of this tool?
- Do you think Romeo and Juliet is a warning against impulsive action?
- How does Shakespeare use Marxian Heroism in Romeo and Juliet?
- What role did the Nurse play in the deaths of Romeo and Juliet?
- How do you think the play should have ended barring the conflict of the family?
- What role did the society or the nonchalance of the society play in the turn of events?
- Was fate to blame for the misfortunes experienced by Romeo and Juliet?
- What characters would you tag as positive and negative in Romeo and Juliet?
- Describe how the play would have turned out if the family feud was resolved on time?
- Should love still stand, despite the parties against it? Site the family feud and attitude of Romeo and Juliet’s parents as an example.
Romeo and Juliet Essay Topics For Expository Essays
- Why is “Romeo and Juliet” popularly regarded as a love story and not a tragedy?
- What is the most memorable deed Mercutio performed before his death? And why did it lead to his death?
- Why do you think Romeo and Juliet died as a result of their choices?
- What was the role of Friar Laurence in the turnout of events in Romeo and Juliet?
- How does the length of a courtship affect marriage? And is perfect love dependent on this?
- What quote stands out for you? And what does it mean, and why is it relatable for you?
- Do you think it would have been possible to avoid Romeo and Juliet’s deaths?
- Why is love regarded as the most central theme in Shakespeare’s Romeo and Juliet?
- Is Juliet regarded as the most tragic personality in the play? However, support your claim with reference to the book.
- Would you regard Romeo and Juliet as selfish? Also, state why you agree or disagree, with reference to the book.
- What are the most critical themes in the book, Romeo and Juliet? Cite references from the book.
- “Romeo and Juliet” is famous for starting tragically; telling of its tragic end. What literary tool is deployed here, and how relevant is it?
- Mercutio is believed to be the most honorable character created by Shakespeare. Why is this claim made? Answer with reference from the book.
- Is the conflict between love and hate seen in the book Romeo and Juliet? Defend your answer with events in the book.
- It is believed that Romeo is responsible for most deaths of Romeo and Juliet. How accurate is this notion?
Topics for Comparative Essays
- There are many reenactments of this play as movies and stage plays. Compare the versions of Franco Zeffirelli and Baz Luhrmann. Which is better? State reasons.
- There was a good representation of power play in Romeo and Juliet. Compare today’s power play to back then.
- Compare and contrast the characters of Mercutio and Tybalt. State the reason for their estranged relationship.
- Compare Romeo’s love for Juliet and his love for Rosaline.
- Compare the different women in Shakespeare’s Romeo and Juliet. How were their characters similar and different?
Literary Analysis Topics
- Analyze the role played by destiny in Romeo and Juliet.
- How is love at first sight relevant in Romeo and Juliet? Does this happen in recent times?
- Analyze the way love is being expressed in Romeo and Juliet.
All the essay topics for Romeo and Juliet have their roots in the book. As such, to deliver or ace this essay, note. It is crucial for you to go through the book. Also, you can see the movie.
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now!
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.
Tags: Argumentative Romeo and Juliet Essay Topics, Evaluation Romeo and Juliet Essay Topics, Romeo and Juliet Essay Topics 2021 for Students and Examples, Romeo and Juliet Essay Topics For Expository Essays