Top 10 Facts to Know Before Applying for an M1 Visa
Top 10 M1 Visa Interview Questions: The following is a set of facts you need to know before applying for an M1 visa. M1 visa is a type of student visa reserved for those pursuing their vocational/technical courses abroad.
This visa comes with a fixed duration of time and the students are not permitted to work in or outside the campus during this time.
This article gives a list of top 10 m1 interview questions that are frequently asked by applicants.
1. What Is M1 Visa?
M1 visa is a type of student visa reserved for those pursuing their vocational/technical courses, other than language training to enter the U.S.
2. How Do I Qualify for an M1 Visa?
To qualify, you must:
- Prove that your intention to enter the U.S. is temporary.
- Attend an approved vocational study program.
- Engage in a full course of study.
3. What Privileges Would I Enjoy On M1 Visa?
With this visa, you may:
- Enter the U.S. as a fulltime vocational/non-academic student.
- Transfer from a school to another.
- Work legally in and outside the campus on a part-time basis.
- Travel in and out of the U.S.
- Apply for m2 visas for anyone accompanying you to the U.S.
4. What Are The Limits Of M1 Student Visa?
With this visa, you may:
- Transfer from one school to another but only with permission of the USCIS.
- Not be permitted to change your course of study.
- Work legally outside the campus but only with the permission of the USCIS.
- Take anyone with you to the U.S. but they may not work.
5. Can I Work On M1 Visa?
You may not work on an m1 visa however; you may apply for practical training on completion of your studies. If approved, you will be allowed to have one month of practical training for every four months of your studies. In other words, you will be limited to only six months of practical training.
6. How Can I Apply For Employment Authorization on M1 Visa?
The documents required for this registration include:
1. Form I-538: Certification by the designated school to the USCIS, certifying that:
- The purpose of employment is for practical training.
- The training will be related to the course of study.
- The same type of training is not available in your home country.
2. Form I-765: Application for employment authorization.
3. Form I-20I-D signed by the Designated School Official (DSO).
Your application must be sent to the USCIS 60 days before your studentship expires and 15 days after completion of your studies.
7. What Is The Duration of Time I Can Stay In The U.S. On M1 Visa?
You may stay for a year or as long as you are still enrolled as a student plus a month to prepare to leave the country.
8. Can I Apply To Extend My Stay On M1 Visa?
You may, on completion of your studies to pursue practical training. If approved, you will be allowed to have one month of practical training for every four months of your studies. In other words, you will be limited to only six months of practical training.
9. How Can I Extend My Stay on M1 Visa?
You must complete and submit Form I-539: Application to extend or change nonimmigrant status and Form I-20I-D, send to the USCIS at least 15 days before your authorized stay in the U.S.
10. How Do I Apply For M1 Visa?
The documents required include:
- A valid and previous passport still in your possession.
- Form DS-160 fully completed and signed.
- Recent passport photographs with white background.
- A police certificate issued within the last year if you are14 and above.
- Original Form I-20M-N issued by the school you will attend.
- Electronic verification of acceptance for enrollment received at the Embassy from your school.
- Proof of sufficient funds.
What’s your take on this? I urge you to use this same opportunity to share this information across to others using our Facebook, twitter or Google+share button below.
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now!
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.